Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Freakout!

Stress! I just got my first assignment for my copy editing job, and man, it's HUGE-- I've got 98,000 words of work ahead of me. Between that and my columns and trying to learn German and study for my French reading exam (and school hasn't even started yet!) and orchestrating yet another expensive cross-country move...man, I have no idea how I'm gonna do all this! But then again, I kind of thrive on having too much on my plate. I like to feel very busy and important, I guess.

And as stressful as I find freelance stuff-- I nearly died of stress that year I did nothing but freelance-- it's still fun to go to parties where people ask me, "So, what do you do?" and get to answer back, "Oh, I'm a writer." That's right, bitches: I'm a real, live, honest-to-goodness professional writer. I may be poor as hell, but at least I love what I do.

High-five for growing up and actually becoming what I always wanted to become. :)

1 comment: